Deutsche Telekom AG
Deutsche Telekom is one of the world’s leading integrated telecommunications companies, with some 165 million mobile customers, 28,5 million fixed-network lines, and 18,5 million broadband lines. We provide fixed-network/broadband, mobile communications, Internet, and IPTV products and services for consumers, and information and communication technology (ICT) solutions for business and corporate customers. Deutsche Telekom is present in more than 50 countries. With a staff of some 218,300 employees throughout the world, we generated revenue of 73,1 billion Euros in the 2016 financial year, about 66 percent of it outside Germany.
Center for Strategic Projects
When it comes to Deutsche Telekom’s transformation, we are the people to turn to. Our mandate at the Center for Strategic Projects (CSP): We are evolving the strategic future of our Group – to increase efficiency and sustainability. Established in 2005, the CSP is headquartered in Bonn and in organizational terms is assigned directly to the Chairman of the Board of Management. Comparable to an in-house consulting unit, we are the expert partner to Group management on all transformation projects in Germany and abroad. Our CSP teams are made up of people from a range of disciplines and support all business areas at Deutsche Telekom. If the topic relates to innovative business models or turning around less profitable units, we are part of the action. One thing remains constant throughout all our efforts – ensuring that Deutsche Telekom is fit for the future and successful over the long term. We focus on growth and efficiency topics with the aim of improving the Group’s value on a lasting basis. We are familiar with the Group’s operational business processes and have good connections with decision-makers.
Our CSP business model is built on the principle of management consulting. But with us, you have a double advantage. As part of the Group, you are up close to the action. You know the company’s business processes, along with the decision makers. CSP oversees change processes end-to-end; and as a consultant you’ll get to experience the fruits of your work directly. What’s more: through their work, our employees prepare themselves for a future management position within the Group.
We support Deutsche Telekom’s continuous transformation through professional concept and project / program management services with highest quality. With our business practices, our Center mirrors the structure of the Deutsche Telekom business units. That means we know our customers’ business and culture – and are therefore able to support our colleagues in a targeted manner.
Value & Efficiency:
- The most important objective of our Value & Efficiency Business Practice can be summed up quickly: we want to increase Group value in a sustainable way by reducing costs. We want to raise profits and efficiency. That’s why we analyze the Group financial value drivers and develop strategic efficiency programs, the implementation of which we are of course also involved in. These can be Group-wide transformation programs or assignments focusing on a specific area. The great advantage of our Value & Efficiency Business Practice is that we are close to the action and know the company, the market and the global perspective
Customer & Markets
- In future, Telekom wants to achieve a significant share of its growth through innovations that it develops either independently or together with partners. One of the driving forces here is our Business Practice Customer & Markets at the Center for Strategic Projects (CSP). Our strategy involves driving forward innovative business models which make our company even more attractive. Together with Telekom’s innovation areas, we determine the strategic orientation, develop and implement a Group-wide go-to-market approach along with a standardized method for introducing innovation.
Business Processes & IT
- Our mission is the translation of Deutsche Telekom’s strategy into customer-friendly and highly automated business processes. There are two ways IT can contribute to that ambition: either as an innovator and enabler for radical change in the business models or as an efficiency driver for the existing business model.
We as a team contribute by setting up and delivering projects that aim to improve selected processes, organizational structures or corresponding IT architectures. A major challenge is to maintain the balance between an ambitious vision and its sustainable implementation. We are making a difference as a team that knows how to master that balance.
Organisation & Human Resources
- Changing technology, market dynamics, regulatory pressure: hardly any other company is confronted with such large, diverse challenges in organization and personnel as Telekom. In light of this, our employees at Business Practice Organization & HR at the Center for Strategic Projects have one objective: we make the Group more dynamic and more efficient – with entrepreneurial vision and social responsibility.
Technology & Production
- We can only move forward with the development and transformation of Telekom network infrastructure with technical knowledge and affinity, solid market know-how and an understanding of the economic context. That’s why we at Business Practice Technology & Production work in an interdisciplinary team – your future colleagues are engineers and physicists, alongside economists. We are changing things – on a grand scale. With us, you’ll work on large roll-out projects, for example nationwide optical fiber coverage in Germany. Our colleagues are also busy with implementing IP transformation in Croatia and Macedonia, or with group-wide efficiency projects.
In addition to our project work for our business partners, we are also committed to the further development of our Center for Strategic Projects. Each individual has the opportunity to set the focus of activities at our Center Contribution.
- Experience Telekom up close: an internship at the Center for Strategic Projects gives you insights into the development of the Group at the highest level. From day one, you’ll be working on transformation projects and strategic decisions whilst gaining practical program and project experience.This allows you to make valuable contacts to various operative units during your studies, as well as plenty of young high potentials, experienced managers and even top-level Group management. Get on the right track during your degree for a potential future career with Telekom!
- Our analysts at the Center for Strategic Projects join us straight from university with an outstanding degree under their belt to start as consultants. Demonstrate your affinity for consulting and initial experience in project business with evidence of internships or relevant practical experience.
- As an associate, your one-to-two years of professional experience have already equipped you with essential specialist know-how and good project management skills. You can get to the bottom of issues and are able to create high-quality concepts and use a special portfolio of methods, even under time pressure.
- You have several years of consultancy and (sub-)project management under your belt. You are familiar with a broad range of approaches that you can apply to your work and have strong project coaching skills. You are socially adept and familiar with project management – underpinned by evidence of training and development measures.
- As a Senior Manager at the Center for Strategic Projects (CSP), you will help shape long-term change processes in the Group whilst supporting the professional development of your department. You will take on the leadership of large teams and impress top management with new and creative solutions. You will also be a valued contact and sparring partner for our Business Partners. You will lead, coach and motivate a highly-qualified project team – and are always able to maintain your staff’s enthusiasm for the project, even in a challenging or difficult working environment.
Our Center for Strategic Projects works with various levels of seniority: as a university graduate you’ll join us at “analyst” level. If you already have several years of experience, depending on the type and duration of work, the Associate, Manager or Senior Manager levels are for you. We’re looking for new colleagues across all levels.
As an employee at the Center for Strategic Projects you have plenty of opportunities for development. We are open to new, fresh ideas. Are you an expert or a management talent? You can find that out with us. You can develop your potential at the center or opt for a career path in a different area within the Group. After all, if someone is able to initiate great changes, analyze problems and solve these independently, whilst also being capable of absorbing and working in the wide variety of topics within the company – their know-how is sought-after everywhere.
We’re doubly interesting for graduates from a variety of subject backgrounds: they can also join us via the 15-month “Start up!” program and select the center as their main assignment area. Are you keen to get career experience while you study? Great! Then join us for an exciting and challenging internship at CSP.