Bayer is a Life Science company with a more than 150-year history and core competencies in the areas of health care and agriculture. With our innovative products, we are contributing to finding solutions to some of the major challenges of our time.
A growing and aging world population requires an adequate supply of food and improved medical care. Our research and development activities are therefore focused on improving people’s quality of life by preventing, alleviating and treating diseases. At the same time, we are making an important contribution to providing a reliable supply of high-quality food, feed and plant-based raw materials. Our understanding of the biochemical processes in living organisms helps us address these demanding challenges.
Our goal is to achieve and maintain leadership positions in our markets. In this way we create value for our customers, stockholders and employees, at the same time strengthening the company’s earning power.
We are committed to operating sustainably and addressing our social and ethical responsibilities. We also respect the interests of all our stakeholders. Employees with a passion for innovation enjoy excellent development opportunities at Bayer.
Bayer Business Consulting
Business Consulting is the internal management consultancy of Bayer. With offices in Leverkusen, Berlin, Whippany, Peking, Shanghai, and São Paulo, it is one of the leading in-house consulting organizations worldwide. There are two dimensions to Business Consulting within the Bayer Group: Internal Management Consulting and Talent Pool. More than 160 consultants offer consultancy on strategic, organizational, and operational issues, develop custom solutions and sustainably promote their implementation. Business Consulting takes on more than 100 projects every year, which call on them to apply their deep understanding of Bayer and transfer the acquired knowledge across all divisions.
The fields in which Business Consulting is globally active are oriented along Bayer’s entire value chain and augmented by the overarching Business Transformation & Change unit:
Research & Development (R&D) develops strategies and optimizes processes for development, portfolio, and resource management, while seeking out opportunities for digital innovation, and thus determines how to strengthen Bayer through coordinated efforts in the areas of research & development, flexibility, and growth.
Technical Operations (TO) supports Bayer and the divisions in achieving their industrial operations objectives and focuses on product manufacturing strategy, structure, and systems. They develop tailor-made, actionable solutions in line with divisions’ Product Supply strategies.
Supply Chain Management (SCM) develops and optimizes efficient, reliable, and need-based procurement processes (“source”), customer-oriented distribution processes (“deliver”), and smooth cash-flow processes (“value”).
Marketing & Sales (M&S) provides support with market research and the development, optimization, and implementation of marketing-and-sales and go-to-market strategies.
Business Transformation & Change (BT&C) controls transformation processes from the performance and employee perspective, and assesses and improves processes, organizations, and governance structures. In addition, this unit develops and implements change concepts and assists with post-merger integration.
The comprehensive experience the consultants acquire in these projects make them sought-after talents within the Group, which is why some 30 to 35 consultants switch from Business Consulting to the Group every year.
We are always looking for ambitious, forward-thinking colleagues who are committed to our vision and want their careers to be a lifelong learning experiences.
- Excellent university degree in economics, engineering, science, psychology or medicine, preferably with a further qualification such as an MBA or Ph.D.
- First professional experience, ideally in external or inhouse management consultancy or in a strategic position at an industrial company (through internships or first relevant work experience after study completion)
- Several months’ experience of working/studying abroad
- Very good knowledge of English
- Willingness to work on international assignments
- Very good analytical and communication skills
- Enthusiasm and a sense of humor
For more experienced candidates in addition:
- Several years of professional experience, ideally in external or inhouse management consultancy or in a strategic position at an industrial company
- Proven specialist expertise in an area of relevance to the Bayer Group
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and project management ability
- Strong team spirit and good leadership and communication skills
Bayer Business Consulting offers you the chance to advance along a defined career path, depending on your professional and personal development. Our career model is based on the classic steps in a management consulting career. We foster your skills and increase your responsibility step by step.
Being part of Bayer Business Consulting means that you will:
- Experience tailored people development supporting your personal and professional growth
- Benefit from our open feedback culture to continuously grow yourself and others
- Learn from high-caliber colleagues within a leading Inhouse Consultancy
- Connect yourself with senior management via highly visible and high-profile consulting work
- Have the opportunity to actively take part in our program “Bayer People care for society” supporting a social foundation and non-profit project in emerging countries for up to three months.
- To become a leader in a truly global company
- To identify trends and drive initiatives to contribute to the future of Bayer
- To build and leverage best practices across the Bayer group
- Specialize in functional and/or industry areas of your choice to become a thought leader in selected disciplines
- To move into a compelling line management function after 3 to 5 years with Business Consulting
- Be part of a diverse and enthusiastic team, enjoying a flexible and fun work environment