Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network.
Against a backdrop of increasing globalization in the world economy, Deutsche Bank is very well-positioned worldwide, with a global network of branches.
Our set-up includes four divisions that are well-positioned to grow:
- A Corporate Bank is a hub for corporate and commercial clients. At the core of the new division is the Global Transaction Banking (GTB) business, an established market leader in Europe with offices in 60 countries
- The Investment Bank focuses on its traditional strengths in financing, advisory, fixed income and currencies. It continues to provide strategic advice to corporate clients including a focused equity capital markets business
- The Private Bank focuses on private customers across all segments as well as business clients. It is building on its position as market leader in Germany, a focused bank in Europe and a highly competitive wealth manager
- The asset manager DWS continues to pursue its objective of becoming one of the top-10 asset managers globally by investing in growth areas and playing an active role in the consolidation of the asset management industry
Deutsche Bank Management Consulting (DBMC) is the management consulting division for Deutsche Bank. We work closely with senior management in all business divisions and infrastructure functions across the bank to resolve their most pressing challenges and help to identify and unlock opportunities. Our collaboration with and support for our clients enables sustainable, forward-looking change and allows us to play a strong role in shaping the future of Deutsche Bank.
As the management consultancy for Deutsche Bank, our mission is to be the partner of choice for the bank’s senior management to define and operationalise functional, divisional, and bank-wide strategy. We provide structured consulting approaches and methodologies for delivering projects and solving problems and compete directly with the top external consultancies. The combination of consulting experience, subject matter expertise, in-depth Deutsche Bank knowledge, and outcome-oriented thinking enables us to make a significant contribution towards achieving the bank’s near term and long term goals.
Our values, derived from Deutsche Bank’s values and beliefs, guide how we operate and how we work and interact with our clients across the bank:
- We are a trusted partner for our clients and provide them with relevant expertise
- We are a truly neutral team with a cross-divisional perspective
- We focus on delivering high quality results and value to the bank
- We put great emphasis on our people and their personal and professional development
- We foster a culture of empowerment, intellectual honesty, and strong camaraderie
We have built a diverse team of people with different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives and have an ethos of driving change and adding value for the bank. Each team member has the chance to take increasing responsibility on a range of challenging and impactful projects that require core consulting skills, a collaborative mindset, and openness to new ideas.
We are looking for highly motivated candidates with strong academic performance, a university degree, as well as practical consulting and project experience (ideally in the financial services industry). Furthermore, we require international experience (study or work abroad). In addition to excellent analytical and conceptual skills to solve complex problems, candidates also need the ability to deliver top quality work in a high pressure environment. Since we are in constant communication with our clients and always work in teams, we seek collaborative team players with strong interpersonal skills
A high level of commitment, a good degree of self-reflection and the drive to learn new things can help you to achieve your goals with DB Management Consulting.
As part of our team, you will gain consulting experience and be exposed to the entire financial services value chain. You will also have the opportunity to develop deep insights into the strategy, structure and operating model of a global, systemically relevant bank and DAX30 company. In addition, we offer a significant number of bespoke and targeted trainings for our consulting staff and support all our employees through regular coaching, mentoring and direct feedback.
Graduates from universities can join us as “Analyst”, and young professionals with first relevant professional experience can join at an “Associate” level in London and New York. Analysts usually start by covering smaller work packages and support an Assistant Vice President or Vice President on a project. However, even at this level you will have direct interaction with the client on a working level and present your results to management stakeholders.
Professionals with at least 3 years of relevant professional experience can start as “Assistant Vice President”. As AVP, you will usually be in charge of a whole workstream, larger work package or sub-project. Leading a small team and guiding more junior project members are part of the daily work as well as working closely with clients across all levels to determine the scope and to shape the project.
Professionals with five or more years of relevant professional experience usually join as “Vice President”. As a VP, your responsibilities extend to all aspects of a project including team leadership. Delivering project goals is as important as establishing a trust-based relationship with our clients. This will go beyond project related issues to encompass thought leadership and advice. Here you are fully responsible for all your team members in providing growth opportunities and meaningful feedback and managing your resources within the project.