Merck Inhouse Consulting
Senior Consultant (m/f) – Merck Inhouse Consulting
A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 53,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
With immediate effect; several positions available ̶ we are recruiting throughout the year
Your tasks and responsibilities
We are Merck’s internal management consultancy, with more than 60 highly qualified colleagues hailing from top consultancies and major players across pharma, life science and the chemical industry. We advise our internal clients in the successful conceptualization and implementation of international strategy, growth and optimization projects across all our business sectors (Healthcare, Life Science and Performance Materials). The Inhouse Consulting head office is located at our global HQ in Darmstadt (Frankfurt Area, Germany). Additional offices are located in Burlington & Rockland (Greater Boston Area, United States) and in Singapore & Shanghai, thus shaping a truly interdisciplinary, international and diverse team.
Your role: As a Senior Consultant (m/f), you will be working closely with our internal clients on a wide range of national and international, cross-functional and company-wide projects. You will be consulting all management levels, including our executive board, and supporting them in developing strategies and tailor-made solutions to solve challenging business problems. Beyond providing professional consulting services, you will also be actively involved in the training and development of our junior team members. By combining both consulting excellence and people development, you will actively contribute to the company’s long-term success and prepare yourself for a future leadership position in our company.
Our consulting projects span all functional areas of our company:
- Marketing & Commercial (Business Development/BD, Product Launches, Sales)
- Operations & Supply Chain Management (SCM, Inventory segmentation and optimization, logistics, demand/supply/production planning, Lean/Six Sigma)
- Research & Development (focus on Pharma R&D)
- Innovation & Digitalization (Ideation, Design Thinking, Digital marketing/transformation/business models, process automation, online marketing)
- Group Functions (Finance, Procurement, Site Operations, HR, IT)
Typically, you will be working in small teams running consulting activities such as classical Project Management (PMO), Process Optimization, and Concept & Strategy Development. As an internal partner and colleague, you will be supporting projects from conceptualization to implementation and driving change throughout the organization. Given our size and collaborative culture, you will be working in very flat, project-driven team structures.
Who you are
- Excellent degree in sciences, economics or engineering (Master/PhD, ideally dual qualification)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with a top management consultancy, ideally with a project focus on pharma, life sciences or specialty chemicals
- Proven track record of managing national and international projects covering a broad range of different (cross-)functional areas
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical strength and process thinking
- Passion for business and openness to new ideas
- Empowering team player with a proactive, self-motivated work approach
- Fluent in English and German, additional foreign language is a plus
At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Find more information about Inhouse Consulting here: https://jobs.vibrantm.com/merck/content/Inhouse-Consulting/?locale=en_GB
https://www.merckgroup.com/en/careers.html (Company Website)
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.vibrantm.com.