Deutsche Bahn AG
Senior Consultant – DB Management Consulting
Deutsche Bahn is one of the most diverse employers in Germany. Each year, we seek to fill jobs in more than 500 different occupations with over 7,000 enthusiastic new employees, who help us to connect people and markets.
We currently have an opening for you at DB Management Consulting, Deutsche Bahn’s in-house consulting unit, either in our office in Frankfurt am Main or another of our bases in Germany.
As the partners of choice for providing consultancy services to top management at the DB Group, the DB Management Consulting team develops groundbreaking visions for taking on the strategic and operational challenges facing DB. Employing some 90 specialists, the unit works closely with in-house clients to put solutions into place quickly and effectively.
As part of its corporate strategy, DB is currently focusing on the issues of high-quality customer care and building digital expertise. DB Management Consulting plays a key role in shaping and implementing the Group’s responses to these central issues. Our in-house consultants are involved in fascinating projects, where they provide support on a whole range of undertakings, e.g. developing customer-centred product innovations, systems for enhancing customer loyalty, and developing a new culture of quality to improve the quality and performance of the Group’s products.
DB Management Consulting is a springboard for people who have a talent for management, and the unit will promote your professional and career development within the Group. Working on projects not only enables you to gather extensive experience, but it also represents the ideal environment for networking. The unit will support your move to a line function elsewhere in the Group if you are interested in changing careers. DB Management Consulting will also support your move to a line function elsewhere in the Group if you are interested in a change in careers.
Your tasks and responsibilities
You will work on strategy- and operations-related projects in the fields of passenger transport, transport and logistics, and infrastructure. Every new project gives you the opportunity to enlarge your network by adding clients from management at different business units and Group-level senior management. You will contribute your knowledge and experience to consulting projects, and you will assume responsibility for managing and implementing sub-projects. To better understand our customers’ challenges, you will conduct interviews and manage workshops independently. You will be the first-line contact for project managers, and you support them during every project phase. At the same time, you will be a mentor for your team colleagues and assume management responsibility concerning content and technical issues for consultants, analysts and/or trainees.
At least 4 years of experience in consulting for top management
Who you are
- Degree and above-average final grade (diploma/masters, MBA or comparable) in economics, engineering or natural sciences
- Experience in managing subprojects in the fields of general management, marketing and sales, operations or supply chain management
- Experience in the fields of passenger transport or logistics is desirable
- Good MS Office skills and very good English
- Team spirit, flexibility, high mobility and high level of commitment
- Helping to shape the future of DB in multifaceted projects, for example in the fields of digitalisation and operational excellence
- Providing consulting services to top management that covers everything from strategy development to effective implementation
- Promoting your professional and personal development, i.e. several days of training every year, bi-annual development discussions
- Interim management as support during transfers
- Proximity to top management figures, extensive networking opportunities and potential to move within the Group
- Balanced overall package, no restrictions on place of residence, flexible work time models, home office on Friday
- A friendly and appreciative environment with a strong team bond and good sense of humour
HR contact: Annette Wüllenweber
Apply today and join one of the biggest families in Germany. Please include your salary expectation when applying online using the vacancy number 252551.
To apply for this job please visit karriere.deutschebahn.com.