Deutsche Post DHL Group
Data Scientist (f/m/d) – DHL Consulting
DHL Consulting is the international management and supply chain consultancy of Deutsche Post DHL Group. We empower the top management of Deutsche Post DHL Group (DPDHL Group) and its customers to shape the future of their businesses – worldwide. With an ambitious and highly motivated team in 4 locations globally, we develop high-impact solutions for the business and supply chain challenges of today and tomorrow.
With immediate effect ̶ we are recruiting throughout the year
Your tasks and responsibilities
As a Data Scientist at DHL Consulting, you will work in an unique setup with our Consultants to solve concrete business problems. Being part of a global team, you will work collaboratively to apply methods such as time series analysis, operations research methods, and machine learning algorithms (e.g. trees, neural networks) to answer a wide range of business problems. Analytics-related problems may relate to the DPDHL Group, its customers, or DHL Consulting’s own business. Examples of these include but are not limited to, developing machine learning tools for route optimization and freight rates’ prediction, sales analytics, demand forecasting for inventory optimization.
Specifically, you will work on analytical frameworks for data analytics projects based on an understanding of concrete business requirements and operational processes. You will conduct data analyses, develop mathematical models, build dashboards, and create prototypes. You look into data for patterns to “let the data speak.” You will learn how to interpret modeling results in a business context and discuss these with your business stakeholders. You will sharpen your data skills by running quick analyses and present your outcomes to consultants and clients. To further incorporate data-driven decision-making in operations, you will consolidate the methodological skills and knowledge acquired from completed projects. Be part of a group that is making a shift towards automation and data – “Build tomorrow”!
You will also use your expertise to support project acquisition by identifying new strategic application areas, use cases or products by applying innovative data analytics methods and technologies.
Graduates and Young Professionals
Who you are
- University degree ideally in Statistics, alternatively Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or related natural sciences / technical degree, or comparable qualification
- Deep understanding of statistical and machine-learning models
- Instinctive and natural affinity towards agile working methods
- Ability to let the data speak, but also to massage data for serving a use-case
- Strong programming skills in the following languages: Python with e.g., Pandas, Numpy, and other usual packages
- Experience in at least one visualization tool like Tableau or PowerBI, understanding of visualizations such as Sankey
- Experience in working with databases
- Business acumen: Ability to produce outstandingly creative and analytical solutions based on clear and thorough analyses of complex processes and business relationships
- Drive, motivation, and curiosity: Learn new topics from business and data, find out what is the real underlying problem and how data can support, but also follow trends in data science
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Comfortable explaining complex analytical and technical content to various audiences
- Independent work ethic, with integrity, loyalty and a positive “can-do”- attitude
- Passionate team player
- Variety of exciting projects in logistics and across all organizational, functional areas of the DPDHL Group
- Very unique set up that combines data and consulting
- Lean structure, regular interaction with Senior Management
- Great freedom in learning, working and personal development within an atmosphere where every idea is heard
- A mentor who is individually assigned to you
- Specific training designed around your unique potential
- Collaboration opportunities with diverse clients and colleagues in our four offices globally
- Participation in international data conferences (e.g. Strata Conference)
- Highly collaborative team built on mutual respect and support
- Modern, open, creative and flexible office design
- Mobile office concept that caters for your flexible work mode
- International career opportunities: Work for a certain time in one of our satellite offices in Miami, Singapore or Shanghai
You would like to learn more about Data Sciences with the DPDHL Group? Please follow this link: DPDHL Data Sciences
Submit your application in English, including your CV, cover letter, academic, and high school records, and your reference letters (if applicable).
Call us if you have any questions. We’d be happy to hear from you: +49 (0)228 182 22828
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.
To apply for this job please visit dhlconsulting.avature.net.